Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Prince Kuhio Day

Yesterday in the great state of Hawaii we all celebrated Prince Kuhio Day which happens to be an official holiday. It is celebrated annually on to mark the birth of Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole. It is one of only two holidays in the United States dedicated to royalty. Prince Kuhio was a rebel who wanted to kick all the Europeans out of this state, got arrested, went to jail then became a Republican AND supported us being here. At least I think...
So to celebrate this holiday/no school day we went to the beach naturally. Elizabeth hung out in the seat of her stroller which detaches to shade herself. Then she found some sand eat.
It was a fun day for us all. 4 to 5 hrs later we went home and crashed!!!


4 comments:

Hanna said...

I just want you to know that I can't wait to one day meet your child face to face. I just showed her to all of my co-workers...I am very proud of her.

Shellybythesea said...

That little granddaughter of mine is absolutely beautiful!!! Those eyes!!!
Michelle

Unknown said...

I love Elizabeth's hat.

flip flop mama said...

I used to love Prince Kuhio day! "Emily Elizabeth" as Rachel calls her is just a doll!!