Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The day we met...


March 11, 2005 was the day that my life was changed forever. I was at a lame party thrown by a guy that I had recently stopped kissing sitting upstairs when JP walked through the door. I instantly thought he was cute but then thought nothing else of him because there was NO WAY this guy would want me. I was used to dating football players and he was OBVIOUSLY not into black girls. I figured he wanted some tiny toothpick blonde. haha So anyway everyone was starting a movie ( shark's tale to be exact ) and Jesse grabbed a blanket and asked me to join him. The whole time he was trying to hold my hand which I thought was soooo weird because holding hands was way more than kissing. I held his hand anyway cuz he was cute. After the movie was over we went and exchanged numbers and when he was leaving he leaned in to kiss me and I turned my cheek. There was no way I was going to kiss this boy that I had just met. Plus I was certain he didn't remember my name DORETHA.. and of course I found out later that he didn't haha So four days go by and I texted him to see what he was up to. He asked if I wanted to hang out and I said "no I could hang out in 2 weeks" I wanted to get my hair done before I saw him again. So he called me the next night and we hung out. What can I say I give in easily. The first date we just went to his house and ate ice cream and watched a movie with Chris and Taylor. They were all living at Jesse's parents house and Chris and Taylor were engaged. They are actually the ones that made Jesse go to the party in the first place. (side note: a few weeks before Jesse met me he asked Taylor what she would do if he married a black girl and she said that would be cool but she didn't think it would happen) So after that first date we hung out every single night and I didn't kiss him until date #3 on a couch. OH YEAH!!! that kiss was AMAZING.... It was actually the reason he stayed so interested because no one had ever denied Jesse Price...
So on April 1st Taylor and Chris were sealed for all eternity and at their reception I realized I LOVED this boy. He was across the room and stopped smiled at me and winked and that did it all for me. I knew I was going to marry him. Like a week later we said our I love yous and decided we were going to get married
Only 5 months and 1 day from this day we were sealed together for time and all eternity. It has been wonderful everyday so far. Oh I love my husband more than anything in the universe. He is my everything. I hope to spend many more days together forever...

8 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Awww, how sweet! I'm not sure I've ever heard the "full" story. I'm so glad you two met so I could have the best sister in law in the world!

.From Her. said...

CHRIS DID NOT LIVE THERE!!!! STOP MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A SINNER!! (and I know you wrote that on purpose to get a rise out of me...so there you go)

ha ha ha

I love you and I'm so glad that you married into my life; and I into yours.

Tiffany said...

It is fun to read about how you fell in love!

Shellybythesea said...

What a fun story! Thankyou for sharing. And yes....Chris did live here in our home...and so did Taylor. But nobody sinned!!!! Michelle

stef j. said...

Y'all are gorgeous, and so is Elizabeth. Way to hold out on the kiss ... gets 'em every time.

Natalie. said...

That is so sweet! I don't think I knew all those details!

Unknown said...

I never knew that story and I am soo glad you posted it!!! I never figured out how you two met or any of that. Hearing all this makes me miss hanging out with you, though!

My Dearest Rich said...

That is the sweetest love story...ever....I'm so glad I stalked your blog so I could read all about it! :)