Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference


This past weekend was the 178th Annual General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Every six months the leaders of the church get together and share messages with the 13 million + saints where we can receive via Internet, magazine, television or at the conference center in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is so wonderful to hear from the apostles of the Lord and the Prophet of the World. I love that Heavenly Father and the Savior, Jesus Christ, are living and still give revelation to us today. I love that no matter where I am in the world I can attend the same church and not have to worry about what is being taught. I am so grateful for the fullness of the gospel and the joy it brings to my life daily. There were many talks that I enjoyed but my favorite talk was from Jeffery R. Holland. The talk was about how "God does inspire men and call them to his holy work in this age and generation, as well as in generations of old." When the talk becomes available to read this week I will put it on here because I can not do it justice with a summary. If you missed conference I urge you to go to BYU TV and go to either Saturday 10am or 2pm OR Sunday 10am or 2pm and watch. The spirit was so strong this conference and it was so wonderful. Elizabeth even laid on the floor and watched some haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was aweseome, wasn't it?

The Price Family said...

yes it was..