Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mrs. Fix It

Usually I am the type of person that if something breaks, that means it's time to buy a new one. I have never in my life tried to fix something. Where I got this concept of thinking? I have no clue because I am not rich and never have been. So today I have been really productive while Elizabeth has been taking a nap. I noticed a pair of shorts laying around with a missing button and decided to take a chance and sew it. Its not the best job in the world but I am really proud for my first time.


Then came the cushion to the rocking chair....



I always said that I could never be one of those wives/mothers who saw a hole in a sock and sewed it up. Not because its stupid or anything but I have always felt that I didn't have enough skill. I tell ya now that whatever you put your mind to, you can do it. I am an addict now and I want to sew everything. First I will get a machine though because it would be silly to do everything by hand. :)

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good job! I still need to learn how to sew!

i'm erin. said...

Doretha! YOu are a domestic goddess! That is totally awesome, and if I still lived in Hawaii, I would consider coming by and seeing that...hahahaha You Rock!

Anonymous said...

you're the next Martha Stewart!! I'm so proud of you!

Molly Bea said...

Ha ha. that's great. I love how (for me anyway) the shorts will sit there for weeks and it takes a whole what? Two minutes to sew a new button on? Way to go! :)

Mike and Bianca said...

Good job Doritha! I'm getting a sewing machine for my birthday so I can learn how to sew too. Mike is really excited! :) You did a great job, by the way!

brooke said...

Go D! You are so impressive! Can you swing by my house and fix up a few things while you're at it?