Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hawaii

Elizabeth and I had the opportunity to go to the Big Island this week. We visited some dear friends of ours, the Carter family. It was a nice quiet vacation away from Oahu. I was getting a bit of island fever so it was good to get a break. Trevor, Molly and Jayden live on the Kona side of the island and here is what that side looks like. haha This is a pic of lava rock with white rocks that people spell out thier name with. It is all over. When we got off the plane I felt like I was in real Hawaii because the airport was just a bunch of little huts!!!
These are my friends that I love love love... They are expecting another little boy in about five weeks.

Little blue eyes...
Jayden really loves Elizabeth. The whole time he was very concerned with what she was doing. Even while he was taking a nap, when he heard her cry he rubbed his pillow next to him and said "baby?" This was a great way to get him ready for his little brother that will be here soon.
After going to the beach, wearing sunscreen again, watching soccer and being held by everyone ESPECIALLY Amy, Elizabeth was worn out and slept the whole way home. (which happen to only be a 40 flight!)
We definitely need to do this again sometime soon...

4 comments:

Natalie. said...

I think it's funny that when we islanders get island fever we just hop on over to another island! Ha ha ha! I'm SO glad you're back. I don't like knowing that I can't just have you come over whenever I want. So, back to the real issue: YOU ARE NOT, I repeat, NOT allowed to move away in April. Not. Not. Not!

Amen.

flip flop mama said...

Natalie, I'm sorry but they are most certainly allowed to move away! :) And move very close to us!

How fun that you went to the Big Island. It's such a cool place!

Tiffany said...

How fun it must be to live in hawaii. I am so jealous!

Molly Bea said...

hooray for coming to visit us! we LOVED having you here...come again soon and you can meet Jayden's little brother! oh, and PS we love Elisabeth and Jayden has been asking for "baby"