Friday, August 20, 2010

It's ok to be Messy

I am beginning to understand why mothers with 2 or more
kids have homes that aren't always clean. It's hard to keep everything
tidy when your kid is potty training and insists on sitting on the toilet
wrong and the pee lands everywhere but, the place it should go.
So I throw her in the shower and throw a towel on the floor,
while at the same time the baby screams because she is
starving and has been starving since halfway through the WIC
appointment that lasted two hours. Not to mention her diaper needs
to be changed. So while sister is in the shower
I start to feed the baby, then cut her off to take
sister out of the shower and plead with sister to put
her panties on herself since she is fully capable.
Then I remember it's lunch time and the kid is hungry too! So
I try to make a pb & j while feeding the baby in one hand
because both are tired and emotional
and everyone knows how loud Elizabeth's high pitched cry is.
serious multi tasking...
Then while all three of us are eating I realize my house is
a disaster and RElive the morning and all the
tantrums/pee/tears
and say
Oh well.
Now it is quiet while the little ones rest.
All I can think of is
This is what life is about
Making memories !!!


4 comments:

Rhitzclan said...

That's a great attitude to have!! Sounds like one crazy morning- but it's just a day in the life... do dad's get that? =)

Stephanie said...

Boy this is a page out of my life for sure! I like you Doretha girl.

Susan said...

oh the things i have to look forward to =) Hopefully I'll be as positive about it as you are!

We miss you guys! And the sign for your moving sale just got taken off our bulletin board yesterday so now its like you're really gone. But at least we can stalk your life via blog, right?

Meg said...

Well said! I agree whole-heartedly with this!