Sunday, June 13, 2010

Turning the Page

We are leaving this magical place tomorrow and starting a new chapter in our lives. We came here August 23, 2005 with 4 suitcases & our bodies. Now we leave with 6 suitcases, carry-ons, 2 car seats, a stroller and 4 bodies. I love this place. I love all the friends we have made here. The dinners, the games, the movies, the quiet times, the joyous times, and the sad times. I will miss every inch of this place. This post would be way to long if I showed pictures of our wonderful life here.
I would have never guessed five years ago that we would be leaving here with 2 kids and 2 degrees. Hawaii will always have a piece of my heart. I knew this time would come when we would have to say goodbye but I never thought I would be so sad about it and want to come back. I want to scoop up all our friends and put them in a suitcase to come with us. These past few weeks we have been playing non stop with friends and I wish it would never end.
I love you all and I will miss you. We will see each other soon...
Promise

11 comments:

S.N.D said...

We will miss you especially when we get back there in the Fall.But good luck on the new chapter of your lives in Washington.I hope to see Millie someday.Loveyah

Ally and Moema said...

So sad!!! We miss Hawaii so much, and we miss you guys...we are already planning a trip back to HI.

Leslie said...

I'm feeling sad for you guys. I remember the feelings I had leaving there with my family when I was a teenager, leaving there after just a summer term at BYU-H, and leaving there each time we visit. Hawaii is such a special place and Laie is so unique especially. I'm sure my sister and family are really going to miss you guys. Good luck with your move.

Stacey said...

I know just how you are feeling. It was sooo hard to leave Hawaii - we were excited for the next new adventure, but sad to leave everything we had come to love dearly. If you're like us, you'll always want to go back - and yes, it will always have a part of your heart.

Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you guys but excited at the same time! Good luck with your move and with your new chapter! Have fun!

Lindsay Rondo said...

We will miss you guys!! I'm sure there are exciting adventures to come for you. Like I said, you were making me tear up when we were singing to you yesterday but I know we will see you guys again!!

Stephanie said...

You will always have a place here! We love you guys and are excited to see what's next for your awesome family!!!

Stephanie said...

oh and can i just say that watching ECLIPSE without you will just be SAD!!!! WHY couldn't you have stuck around for that?!?! :)

.Ang. said...

I can't believe this day has come :(

I remember when we moved here you and Taylor were the first people to come and talk to me after Relief Society. I've always been grateful for that!

We are going to miss you guys so much!! We'll keep in touch FORSURE! thank goodness for facebook and Blogs!

and when/if we ever end up in Canada you guys have to come up and visit FOR SURE!

Love you Dori!! thanks for everything! Have a safe flight!

and I agree with Stephanie, Eclipse won't be the same without you.. Not even CLOSE.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

doretha! noooooooooo!!!!

Rach said...

I still think you MIGHT come back...I have high hopes. But if not we'll just have to come to Washington to play some Mafia!