Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fruit and Veggies Club

Here in Hawaii fruit and vegetables are so over priced therefore, many people don't eat them. However, my dear friend Rachel decided there had to be a better way, so she did research and found that if you get enough people together you could get whole sell food for cheap. So now we are apart of the fruit and veggie co-op. Every other week we pay $25 to her so she can get these delicious healthy treats. This week we got: Red bell peppers, mushrooms, red apples, green apples, lemons, zucchini, red grapes, black berries, blue berries, sprouts, potatoes, red onions and baby spinach. Anyone who lives here or who has been here would know that this costs a fortune in the stores BUT for me only $25. Thank you Rach for changing my life. . .

7 comments:

Melissa said...

actually I'm really glad you posted this because I keep dragging my feet about it cause I don't know what you get. So I love the picture, thanks.

But how come you only pay 50 a month? Are you splitting it with someone? I heard it was 80 a month. Fifty is much more doable for me.

flip flop mama said...

Awesome!

Rach said...

Thanks Dorey...I'm glad you love it like I LOVE IT!!!

stef j. said...

hey, we just joined too! and i almost did a post about it because all of the lovely produce was just so overwhelming!

instead i reorganized my fridge. :)

what are you gonna do with your mushrooms? did you know you're supposed to use fresh mushrooms within three days!? yah, i learned that last night on my "mushroom" searches online.

Unknown said...

WOW, you got all of that for that little?! that's awesome! how can I get in on that?

Dan Kettle said...

Oh man you guys are getting the hook ups. Everyone thinks when you live in hawaii your eating like a king with all the natural fruit. ha little do they know we can't afford it and we starve. ha make sure jesse is eating his veggies ha

Mike and Bianca said...

that's such a reat idea!that's awesome!