Thursday, June 26, 2008

Potty or no potty?


Is it weird that we put Elizabeth on the toilet? Well, we figured that other cultures potty train their children before 1 years of age so why not try. Just kidding, we really aren't actively trying but one day we thought it would be funny to put her on the toilet and she went! Our joke may have back fired because she may have fell in love with the porcelain chocolate eater. For the past 3 days Elizabeth has been stuffed up with poop and she was hurting so bad last night. She was so tired but her belly hurt and couldn't sleep, so she would moan with her eyes closed and my heart ached for her. Anyway she eventually went to sleep at midnight and when she woke up this morning Jesse took off her diaper then put her on the toilet to see what would happen. I was in class but he said after moments of being on it she went and went and went. Was she waiting for this the whole time? I don't know but like Jackie said "she is a very picky child so maybe she doesn't like the feel of poo in her diaper anymore." Who knows... We will keep seeing if she goes when we put her on and if so then ALL RIGHT!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty cool. She needs to come teach my almost 3 year old! What a natural- and what lucky parents if she keeps going.

Noelle said...

I don't mean to blog stalk but I read the title from a feed off of another person's blog and I had to check it out knowing the Elizabeth wasn't even 1. But Drew did that too. Whenever she was constipated we would put her over the toilet and she'd let it all out. We figured for Drew it was a combination of the position she was in, being held over the toilet, and the diaper off. Funny huh? We thought she was starting potty training early but a month later she was terrified of the toilet and it made her constipation worse. Go figure! Hopefully it sticks for Elizabeth because that would be amazing. Anywho I LOVE your blog and thanks for letting me stalk you for a bit.

Shellybythesea said...

Hmm....I don't know what to think about all of this!

shelly said...

Hi Michelle (the other Shelly!) Aren't these grandchildren amazing and fun?! Just think....maybe you'll be able to say to all your friends, "Yes, my granddaughter was potty trained at 6 months!" Either that, or, "Yes, my granddaughter potty trained her parents at 6 months!"
Either way, pretty impressive:)
Shelly N.

stef j. said...

cute blog! funny story. poor Elizabeth.

Tiffany said...

That has to be one of the funniest things that I have ever heard of a baby doing! I cannot wait to see if she continues this!

Trevor and Lauren said...

She's a smart cookie, takes after her namesake :)

Tane and Angela said...

that's pretty funny and pretty dang lucky if you ask me...i've tried that as well with ava sitting on the toilet (just for fun), but she didn't know what to do...i wish ava was potty trained so that i wouldn't have to buy soo many expensive diapers! maybe within a year i'll try her..by the way, this is the nikoras from TVA ward with Bishop Latu..

Heather said...

Awesome! Think of all the $$$ you'll save by not having to buy diapers!

Molly Bea said...

That is freaking hilarious! I'm laughing so hard! And here I am trying to get my two and three month to CARE!!! He's just TOO BUSY living to stop to use the potty (it's driving me crazy!) oh and google potty training meathods there is totally a meathod that I read about, they potty train before they can even walk...crazy! but hey, if E prefers it, what can you do?

Amber said...

Hey! I haven't posted here before, but I read often. I am an old friend of Jesse's...Amber Purdy. (Hi Jesse!!)Anyhow - I read about people who potty train their babies early (http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/pottytraining/f/infantpt.htm). I guess that is what they did when diapers weren't available.

Melissa said...

whoa!! thats crazy!