Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crouching Lion

Jesse Here Again: I hiked to the Crouching Lion summit today with Erik and Kindsay Norton and Erica and JJ Peterson. This was a harder hike than I expected but very rewarding also. It goes straight up the mountain. As you can see, the view is unreal.


This is a group picture I took of everyone except for me.


This shows you how steep the mountain is. It's almost a vertical drop.


There is a really cool WWII bunker half way up the mountain. We paused for some shots. It was weird to imagine that soldiers would sit in these places for days looking for enemy planes. Even though it was covered in graffiti, (which looked pretty cool) being there allowed me to pause and thank those that sacrifice so much for our country.


4 comments:

The Price Family said...

all these things you do when we are not there. hummmmm

RuSty and LaLa said...

We tried finding this hike once and missed the trail...we ended up bush whacking and getting all scratched up. Looks like you had a better time then us. I'm glad you guys dropped a line. I can't believe how big your little girl is getting.

Shellybythesea said...

I think you are trying to compete with me since I'm such an awesome mountain hiker. We shall see who makes it to the top when I come to Hawaii next visit oh chosen son of mine!!!

Natalie. said...

Ruby is so hard core.